Saturday, June 4, 2011

Watseka, IL to Logansport, IN

Miles 96

Avg mph 15.5

I rode 88 miles of the 96.  I had to stop because of a broken spoke.  On the new rear rim I just bought 3 days ago.  It was hot.  The roads were very hot.  There was not much shade either.  When you came across shade you stopped to cool down a bit.  There was a tail wind as long as you were going east.  It was a cross wind on other times.  We crossed Indiana state line today. Margarita night.  Denise is going to try to fix my wheel.  I have spare spokes.  She is going to work her powers on the wheel.  If its not successful. She may take it with her to Lafayette, IN.  Maybe a bike shop will be open.   We had pizza and salad for dinner.  It was to hot to cook outside tonight.  My roommate is Sue for two nights.  WooHoo!!

Our travel across Illinois
Church outside of Watseka

Family crossing.


Purple flowers along the road


Junk parking lot.  Love the old cars

Smooth roads and Smooth breeze





 This cow watched me til I was out of sight
 It was a Hot one today

Coming up on the first sag

 
Passing the early front runners


The first sag




Sue and her shadow
Crossing US 41

Another old car

It was a little windy but it was working with us.  A lot of tail wind




Sag passing by


Hey Lynn Brooks, IN is the place for you.  Everyone drives a golf cart around town






Denise pulling up to the second sag stop




 Sue's Shadow again


Donna and Bettye flipping their maps


Third Sag


Patty driving by!!

Not sure what I was recording

I think this stop was called Dorman's.  Really have no idea.  I think It was in Bufflo IN.  The owner hooked up the hose so we could all cool down with cool water. 

Donna trying to stay cool


Ramsey after her hose shower, waiting on her BLT sandwich.  I got one also it was good.

Everyone taking their turn with the hose.  It was a high of 94.  Or that is what I was told

My bicycle resting after the spoke broke. 


No comments:

Post a Comment