Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Huntington, IN to Defiance, OH


Miles 83

avg mph 16.1

Miles 85 rode

We had breakfast at 6:30 am.  We left a little after 7am.  I was the second to last  rider out.  My first stop was the gas station for a new pair of sunglasses.  Yesterday while riding my lens fell out. The buildings in Huntington, IN are beautiful.  Wish I could have seen a little more.  After my stop I rode by myself til the buffalo farm.  All the riders were there taking pictures.  I took the lead after the first sag.  I was going at a pretty good pace all day.  Mary and Jeanette caught me at the second sag after Hoagland, IN.  Carol was the sag.  She does an excellent job.  I had a short stop, then I was off.  I passed Denise around the 45 mile marker she was waiting for Patty to switch off.  I crossed the state line.  Goodbye Indiana nice!  I crossed US 30.  Jeanette, Mary, Bev and Denise were right behind me.  There could have been one other person.  But I can't remember.  They stopped to take a picture at the Ohio Welcome sign.  So I got up ahead of them.  I found another Welcome sign that was on US 30 .  It was a bit safer so I stopped. As I was leaving they were coming up.  They took more pics again.  I was going along an Carol the sag appeared and was great.  She pulled over to refill my bottles with water.  Carol took off in front of me. I came to the turn SR 500. We were to turn right.  But Carol went straight.  Confused me.  I stopped.  Thank goodness Denise came up behind me.  She said yes we were to turn right.  She called Carol and got her turned around. Denise had left the others at the Welcome sign.  So powerhouse and I took off.  We didn't see any more riders after that.  That was mile 47. The last time we saw the sag was around the 53 mile marker.  We did see Patty around the 62 mile mark.  She was there waiting for the riders who wanted picked up.  We had  a short break, filled our bottles and we were off.  It was very hot today.  Denise and I kept a very good pace.  By the 70 mile marker we were kind of hoping the sag would appear.  It never did.  You really need those sag stops.  You get hungry.  We made it to Defiance.  Or the welcoming sign.  As we were pedaling we came across construction.  We had to stop.  So traffic was backing up behind us.  When were able to go. All the traffic started passing us.  One of the vehicles passengers yelled out the "Get a Life Bitch". You know our life is better than yours. So shut your hole!!  About 5 miles from the hotel I told Denise to go ahead.  Man did she take off.  I was just having issues with my feet. I had to slow down.   I was close behind.  I got to the hotel at 12:56pm.  Not bad.  We bet the van/ trailer to the hotel.  So I went to buffalo wild wings had lunch.  About a half hour later I saw the van/trailer pull in.  I helped Patty and Mary with dinner.  I was the gofer did small things.  I did dishes as Patty and Mary used them.  Got the sag dishes done.  So there would be less to do after dinner.  I got the sink and bleach tub ready for wishing dishes.  Patty cooked salmon, cole slaw and peas.  We had cobbler for dessert.  I helped get the dishes washed.  Defiance set a new record tody of 95 degrees 


A church in Huntington, IN


Another church that is not being used as a church anymore


Another beautiful church in Huntington, IN

The roads were all good today

The Buffalo Farm 3 or 4 miles outside of Huntington



The lead riders switch there maps so they can read them.  Sue, Rita, Bettye, Donna, Mary and Cathy


Ramsey and Hille





Everyone coming in for the first sag


 Carol in her hat of the day
I found it very odd that right before a church this sign would appear. 



Love the houses I passed today

This looked like a old school or church that was turned into a house







Another cool house






The road before the Ohio Welcome sign




Love this house

There was a guy out in this field picking this up by his self.  I felt bad for the guy. 


Dina Payne this sign reminded me of you.  The town was a very cute town
Denise and her Shadow

This was probably the county building but have no idea.  It was cool



The square in Payne



Finally Defiance, Ohio.


Not long after this construction the Dumb Ass yelled at us


Everyone hanging out waiting for dinner


Listening at the map meeting
Nashville is my roommate tonight

1 comment: