Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Schroon Lake, NY to Middlebury, VT

Today was hills and more hills.   A lot of them were steep and short.  But hills are hills.  They kick your butt.  We rode 42 miles today.  Tomorrow is a rest day.  We climbed and climbed this hill.  You know what that means.  A down hill.  It was 2 miles long.  I got up to 51 mph.  Its the best feeling ever.  That was around mile 21.  At mile 24 we crossed into Vermont on a ferry.  It was pretty cool.  All of us riders, the subaru, and the van/trailer crossed together.   It started to rain when we crossed on the ferry.  As soon as you got off the ferry, we were climbing a hill.    My roommate is Laura.  Tomorrow Karen leaves to go home.  She will be missed.  After we arrived at the Middlebury Inn I went to do laundry.  While it was going, I had a pizza from the restaurant next door.  Came back cleaned up went to the bike shop to have my rear tire trued.   I actually took a nap after I got back.  Woke up had dinner.  Excellent dinner. After dishes, Sue, Patty, Mary, Rhonda, Kathryn went to the bar in the lobby.  It was alot of fun.  


Blue Ridge Motel in Schroon Lake.  Rocket the donkey





 First sag stop of the day
 Mary on the ferry
 Crossing on the ferry to Vermont



























Justin at the Bike Center trued my rear wheel

 Dinner, its raining

Celebrating Jeanette's birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment