Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lincoln, NH to Bridgton, ME

Miles 69

Today was  my last sag day.  It was alot of climbing today for the ladies. As soon as we left the hotel.  The riders had a 12 mile climb to the top of White Mountain National Forest.  Kancamagus Pass Summit was 2855'. Pat and Jan sagged up to the top.  Jan's bike does not shift to the low gear.  Pat has had knee pain.   Everyone else  made it to the top.  WooHoo!!  It was a 20 mile descent after the climb.  The first sag stop was at the top.  The second sag stop was at the Ranger Station at the end of the 20 miles.  The Rangers came out twice to have us move our vehicles.  The third sag stop was about 15 miles from the hotel.  The insects were trouble today.  Everyone was bite alive.   We had 8 flat tires across the group.  Four  flats were Bev's.  She had a cut in her tire which was causing the tube to pop.  Bev, Jan and Rhonda sagged to the hotel.  I dropped them off and went back out to support the last two riders. When I got two the last two riders.   Lin and Rosemary both decided to sag to the hotel.  I took a nap before dinner.  Pat is my roommate tonight.



 Pat and Jan took my picture while we were waiting for the riders at the top

 Sue coming in.  She got a little emotional for conquering this climb.  You go Sue!!
 Kathryn at the first sag
 Rhonda at the first sag




 Cathy Mead
 Donna, Bettye and Paty going down White Mountain
 We were really leaving but the sign was better looking on this sided



I got a bite on my eye lid.  Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment