Monday, June 27, 2011

Bridgton, ME to Bath, ME

Miles 68

Miles rode 36

Top mph 42
Avg mph 13

Beautiful Day to ride today.  3rd to last rider out. Rhonda's sag day. One and only sag day.  She filled in Karen's spot.  Made it to the 2nd sag stop.  Was feeling like not riding today.  Left the sag stop.  Rode like 2-3 miles and the Van/ Trailer passed me.  I was thinking I wish she would stop.  Sure enough at the bottom of the hill Patty got stopped by a train.  I rode up beside her and asked if I could get in.  We put the bike on the Van.  Off to the hotel we went. Hampton Inn  let us check in early.  Patty and I  went to lunch in the historic downtown Bath, Me at a pub called The Black Barnacle.  We Walked down front st. with all the little shops.  Went to the grocery store for bread.  After all that everyone began arriving.  Mary needed to go to the bike shop.  I tagged along with Patty and Mary.   Bike shop, everyone likes going to a bike shop.  It was a neat bike shop.  Bath Cycle & Ski.  Came back got in line for laundry.  Mary, Patty and I shared a load. 
Sue B cooked an awesome meal.  Hung out after dinner with Patty and Cathy.  Cathy had a rear flat.  Patty helped her change it.  Patty talked Cathy into cleaning her chain and gears.  Funny how some clean their bikes everyday.  Some do it once in a while.  Then there are people like Cathy and I who would probably not do it at all.  It was a wonderful day.  Gorgeous weather.  Sue is my roommate tonight



Sag Car getting ready to leave
 Breakfast


 This bus was a heavy hauler

 All the mailboxes around here are on chains.  My guess is so they can give when the snow plow comes by.
 Rhonda the sag for today.  With Bev riding shotgun




 Pat
 Lin and Jan
 Bev honking the bicycle horn
 Laura
 Bettye
 Bettye, Donna, Cathy

 Hille
 Kathryn
Jeanette and Bev P.
Jeanette
Mary and Rita
The roads in Naples, Me were trouble

Water in Naples, ME

The grated bridge I walked across


Outside of Naples

Bev at first sag


Hille






Rita, Mary, Janette, Bev, Cathy, and Kathie stopped at this bridge to take pictures of the water.  I don't think they would have.  Had they know that just around the corner there was a steep hill.  I did a roll by photo.  It was a Oh Shit moment seeing that hill around the corner!!
What they were looking at
What was around the corner




Maine St/ SR 26 South
Outlet Rd




Donna and Patty at the second sag stop



In the van looking up
Downtown Bath, ME



Donna and Hille arriving at the hotel

Bath Cycle & Ski



Coming back from the Bike Shop crossing the Carlton Bridge
Bath, Me from the bridge




No comments:

Post a Comment