Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kewanee, IL to Streator, IL

Miles 78

Avg speed 12mph

Winds 10-15 head winds

Only rode 40 miles of the 78 miles.  Which was great.  Got to the hotel around 12- 12:30.  I really have no idea what time it was.  But it was early afternoon.  Ramsey, HIlle, Karen, Sue and I all got picked up along the route.  I sat shot gun.  You are supposed to help the driver navigate.  I had a rough start, pretty sure Patty was getting a little aggravated with me but I got it under control.  We made it.  Patty was taking my bike off the bike rack and noticesd one of my rear wheel spokes was messed up.  Thank goodness Mercier was coming to pick me up to go to Chicago.  There are no bike shops for the next two towns.   Was hanging out in Sue's room with the door  open.  I heard a voice in the lobby.  I said I think I hear my Uncle.  Sure enough my Uncle John and Aunt Janis were here.  It was great.  Had no idea they were coming. It was a nice surprise.  We went to lunch with Karen and Sue at a mexican restaurant.  They stayed  for a while.  Meet some of the riders.  After they left  Mercier showed up with the dogs.  I walked the dogs.  Some of the riders and Patty met the dogs and Mercier.  Then Mercier, the dogs and I were off to Chicago.  First stop The Village Cycle on wells street in Chicago.  I was there like 5 minutes.  The mechanic tightened my spoke. And it was done with no charge.  Free is good.  The mechanic said anytime you get a new rim you should check your spokes more often.  Off to Mercier's parents house. Mericer bought my passport and little accessories and mail I asked for.  Ate a little dinner then off to bed but not before having to give Blu and Morgan a bath, they found something to round in, in the yard.  They smelled!!


Totem Pole in someones backyard





Carol in one of her sagging Hats
Carol's decorating


Lea filling up on snacks
Public Library

A cool house

Wind Farm and the cloudy skies



The train got me out of my rhythm

Flooded cornfield

Buildings in Henry, IL





Never seen this before.  Very Cool


More old buildings




Cool building I tried to get but the van was quicker than my camera

Crossing the Illinois River.  Its high.  Very high





Passing Donna


Ramsey and Hille having a good time in the van.  They also got picked up at mile 40
Passing Jeanette and Mary.  They were smart and got a 30 mile bump

Cool looking church


My Spoke. It needs help

Uncle John and Aunt Janis at lunch

Blu and Morgan getting ready for bed


Best news I weighed myself tonight I have lost 22lbs in 14 days.  Thats pretty cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment