Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cleveland, OH to Austinburg, OH

Miles 57.1

Miles rode 0

Sag Driver

Today was my first sag day.  I was the sag driver all day.  It was not as hard or complicated as some made it out to be.  Everyone was happy to see the wagon.  It was a short day.  The lead rider got to the hotel before 1pm.  The last rider was in by 4pm.  I'm not sure on the time. It could have been earlier.  I did all the chores of the sag as soon as I got in.  Gas, cleaned out car, refilled ice in all the coolers,  Used windex to clean the inside windows, Put the fruit and other goodies that  Sue(cook) gave me to put in the car.  Its very different driving than riding a bike.  You see a lot less.  Not as many pictures.  I  missed not riding.  Only 3 more turns of sagging.  We are on a 4 person rotation. 

We had to say goodbye to Lea today.  Another person I hate to see go!  She will be missed a lot.  She will stay in Cleveland tonight and off to the airport tomorrow.

This morning after all the riders left the hotel and I checked them off the list.  Pat one of the new riders.  Had to walk her bike back to the hotel.  She blew a tire and her chain was messing up on her.  Patty took care of her so I could get out in front of the lead riders.  Patty took Pat around the 20 mile marker. When Sue(cook) and Patty switched.  Sue helped Pat with her chain.  Pat was able to ride the rest of the day after that .

Watching NBA playoffs.

Annie is my roommate tonight





Patty and Lea chatting. 


Loading luggage before breakfast

Bikes in the lobby

Laura, Jan, Rhonda and Lea talking.
Cathy, Bettye and Patty waiting for the restaurant to open.  Patty getting ready for the map meeting after breakfast.  We never have a map meeting on a rest day.  We would usually have the map meeting after dinner the night before the ride.
Donna and Cathy
Everyone hanging out waiting for the restaurant to open

Sue, Rhonda and Cathy saying goodbye to Lea.  She leaves tomorrow for Australia.  Goodbye doesn't get any easier.  Its tough saying goodbye to these wonderful people.  Lea will be missed
Lea
Lea getting one last photo before we leave.  She took pictures for the new ladies coming in also. Its there send off photo



First sag stop.  16 miles out


Second sag stop. Mile 31  Laura, Hille and Karen

Painesville, OH downtown had beautiful buildings

Third Sag stop around the 46 mile mark
This was my treat.  I survived my first sag driving day.  Sag driving is not bad at all.  The only bad part not riding your bike.
Sue cooking her first parking lot meal.  Mary helping
Laura, Rhonda and Hille chillin before dinner
Patty whipping whip cream for our dessert.  Strawberries, pound cake and whip cream.   Patty was explaining that if you whip to much it becomes butter.  I didn't know that.
Dinner is served
Patty and Sue hanging out waiting for everyone to get a plate



Patty giving her second map meeting of the day.  Info for tomorrows ride

No comments:

Post a Comment