Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Muscatine,IA to Kewanee, IL





Miles 78

Avg speed: 15.6

We had a map meeting at 7am this morning after breakfast.  After putting air in my tires I was off.  I left with Lin and Jan.  Karen was not far behind.  I think Rita( the sag) had me leaving at 8:50.  I left the three riders behind.  I crossed the mississippi for one last time.  I biked by myself up til mile 45. Mary caught me.  We were the first in today.  Mary beat me.  I got to the hotel a little after 1pm.  I did not put sunscreen on my arms.  They are burnt!  As long as we were heading east we had tailwind.  It was a beautiful day to ride.

Dinner: brats, corn

Hille is my roommate











Ride on the plates or fall in  

 Welcome Home

This sign scared me a bit.  But the roads were not that bad

road contruction 5 miles in


I dont care how small the hill is I hate it

Flat roads thats what I like


First sag stop.  It was in the middle of no where




This thing freaked me out.  I'm not sure he saw me til he was right on me

Mercer County


Old farm house. 

Old bank building in Preemption



this farm house was beautiful

roads were pretty smooth

 Library in Sherrard



The courtyard in Cambridge


No comments:

Post a Comment