Sunday, June 5, 2011

Logansport, IN - Rest Day

Miles 0

Very relaxing day.  Slept late. Had breakfast with some of the riders.  Sat and talked a while.  Denise finished  fixing  my wheel the best she could.  I went and played golf at the Logan Family Golf Course. With Bettye, Jan and Donna Q.  They were all very good.  I was so so.  Its been a very long time since I played.  I got a snowman on the first hole.  I only played 9 holes.  They played 18.  Supposedly the back 9 were a lot better than the front 9.  Came back to the Hotel watched TV and did laundry. 

Jan and Mary from my home town finally arrived around 1:30pm.  It was awesome to see them.  We had a great time with the time for had.  A lot of laughing. We went to Applebee's for lunch.  Ate way to much.  Then we went to the historic carousel here in Logansport.  It was a blast.  We went twice it was so much fun!!  We went and had dessert at McDonald's. A rolo McFlurry

After Jan and Mary left I went to the sporting goods store and bought a hat.  Going to wear under my helmet, in hopes of keeping the sun out of my eyes.

After all that I went with Bev, Cathy, Lea, Donna, Hille, Ramsey to a mexican restaurant.  I ate way to much today.  It was all very good.  Just to much.

Carol helped me put my wheel back together because I was having such a hard time.  Thanks Carol





Breakfast

 Patty Shack- she greeted us at the golf course
Donna checking stuff out

Bettye and Jan paying for rental stuff

 Bettye teeing off

 Donna watching the landing of her ball
 Jan and Bettye
All of us after 9 holes.  Donna, Jan. Bettye and I

This carousel is beautiful


We had so much fun, We went twice



 Mary and Jan waiting to ride the carousel
 Mary on her horse
Jan on her horse
 
 Jan trying to get a ring
I got a gold ring.  Free ride for me. WooHoo




My souvenir token


This mexican restaurant was at the Ramada down the street.  The outside did the inside no favors.

Cathy, Bev, Lea, Donna, Hille and Ramsey

The place was very colorful and fun

The tables and chairs were awesome




Carol working on my wheel

Carol doing the tire dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment