Saturday, June 18, 2011

Brockport, NY to Sodus Point, NY

Miles 76

Miles rode 16

I got up early today.  I was ready to go. I skipped breakfast.  I got out to mile 12 and had a flat. Fixed the flat.  As I was finishing up all the riders came by.  Jeanette helped me finish up with her co2.  I was set and off I went.  I left the group and I was on my way.  Not far down the road I had another flat.  Everyone passed me by.  Jeanette, Sue, Mary and Rita stopped.  They fixed my flat with the sag pump this time.  Ok here we go.  I was riding with them just in case of another flat.  And holy moly I got a block down the road and I had another flat.  Crap.  So I gave up.  I called the sag.  I rode the distance to the Woman Tours office for brunch.  Very cool meeting the people in charge of WT.  Brunch was good.  Kathy's husband  who  came to visit her helped me figure out what was going on with my tire.  He didn't look very hard.  The rim tape was crap.  We did not have rim tape that would fit my rim.  So I rode in the van with Patty and Sue .  Went straight to the B&B where we were staying.   We called the bike shop that was closest to are area.  They had none.  So we were brain storming.  Patty used her brain.  She thought of taking the rim tape off the spare rim I have.  Great idea.  Back in business.  So we will see how far I can get tomorrow. 

I had all day to sit at the B&B.  So I carried everyones luggage to there rooms.  They loved it.  It felt good to do something for someone else.

We are separated tonight.  We are at three different B&B/ Lodges.  Rita,Pat, Cathy, and I are at the Sodus Point Lodge.  Bettye and Bev are at a B&B I dont remeber the name.  Everyone else is at the other B&B.

Once the sag wagon came back Jeanette &  I went on a beer run.  Stocked up on beer.  Then we had to go on a wine run.  These woman drink more than they eat. 

For not riding it wasn't a bad day.

Church in Brockport

 Riding along the canal

 Jeanette, Sue and Rita with my tire
 Brunch at Woman Tours Office

 Everyone off to finish todays ride
 Lin & Jan
 Where  a lot of us are staying

 Mary & I

 Jeanette being picture perfect

 Jeanette & Mary


 This is the stone house at the Carriage House Inn
 Common area in the stone house.





No comments:

Post a Comment