Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Erie, PA to Hamburg, NY

Miles 90

Miles rode 18

Avg Mph 11


Well today was some day.  I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  It was a emotional day today.  I was the first out today.  I was ready to go so I left. After I left I noticed my rear wheel was funny.  I rode  maybe 4 miles, finally got off my bike to see what the deal was.  My brake was rubbing.  I tried to fix it with no lucky.  Didn't want to wait for the sag so I just rode to the first sag stop.  Mile 17.  I waited for Patty to arrive on her bike.  She took a look.  Tried to fix it but had no lucky.  So I got in the sag wagon with Sue.  When we got to the second sag stop.  Patty tried to take parts from my front brake to fix my rear but again had no luck.  I continued to ride in the sag.  My emotionals continued to build until I could not hold it anymore.  I kind of freaked out on someone.  Later on cried a bit.  About my bike, life, people!! Just one of those days.  But felt great after.  After the last sag.  Sue took me to Bert's Bicycle shop in Hamburg.  I went to get my bike fixed.  But never made it to the service department.  I went straight for the new bikes.  Found a couple in my size.  Test rode them.  Bought the one that was calling my name.  WOOHOO!!  No more bike issues.  Its a Cannondale road bike.  Its a four steps and two skips up from my old current bike.  Patty approved the bike.  Lets all hope its a successful bike.  The bike shop packed my old bike.  Took the packed bike to FedEx office and shipped it home.  Yes the $$$ added up today.  Totally worth it.  Came back to the hotel. They saved me a plate of food. Mary and Jeanette came out to check my new bike out.   Rooming with Rhonda.  Had a deep conservation with her.  Cried some more. Amazing how much better you feel after a good cry.  Even if it makes you tried.  Think I'm good now. I love being on this tour.  Its the right place for me to be.   Tomorrow we ride into Canada.  Looking forward to it.

Lake Erie

 Nice bike lane in Erie, Pa


Brenan's frog




First Sag, waiting for Patty
 Patty trying to figure out how to fix my brakes


 Mary had a flat at first sag.  Jeanette had a flat before the first sag stop
 Self contained riders
 Mary, Patty and Rita

 Sue wanted this guys sweatshirt.
 Second sag stop
 Lin

Bev and Patty
 Three riders riding a 100 miles. 
 Cool looking tunnel

 Lake Erie


 Lin and Jan having lunch

Cathy, Kathy, and Katherine at Conner's hotdag stand.  Last sag of day
My new bike.  Its not a good one!  Cannondale CAAD 8

No comments:

Post a Comment