Sunday, June 26, 2011

White River Junction, VT to Lincoln, NH

Miles 62

Rode out front most of the day.  Second sag stop around mile 30.  Patty and I started riding together.  Hills and more hills.  They are steep and short.  But take the wind right out of you.  Patty and I talked for a good part of the ride.  Patty is awesome.  We got to the White mountain national forest.  Never ending hill up and over.  Patty motored up it with no problem.  I on the other hand, my goal was not to lose sight of her.  I was able to do that.  On the downhill I passed her. We rode into Lincoln, NH during a bike race.  We rode on the course.  We got off the road when they came our way.  They were doing a 4 mile loop 12 times.  Patty and I thought we missed the Kancamagus Motor Lodge.  So we stopped and ask the course volunteers if they knew where it was.  They really had no idea.  So we called.  We were like 100 ft away from it.  We stayed and talked to the course volunteers about out tour and Patty talked about Jackson Hole, Wy with one of the course volunteers whom son lives there.  I ate at the Brittany Cafe on the patio which is part of the hotel.  I cheered for our riders as they came in.  I watched the bike race also.  Sue, Rhonda, and Lin joined me after they arrived.  Mary talked me into cleaning my bike before dinner.  Good thing. My rear rim had a broken spoke.  Patty took me to the bike shop.  I had the new wheel I bought for my Scott bike a couple weeks ago put on. Glad I kept it for a just in case reason.  Hopefully I can make it to Bar Habor with no more problems.   So I'm back in business.     My roommate was Mary.


 I caught up to three guys out for a ride.  I stuck with them for a couple miles.  We got to a hill and I lost them or they lost me. 
 Crossing the Connecticut River into New Hampshire


 Covered bridge from a top the hill after going through it


No comments:

Post a Comment