Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stillwater, MN Rest Day

Rest day

We do everything but ride.

I woke early.  Had breakfast in the lobby. A waffle.   I went to the market to pay chap stick.  I noticed they had a small cafe sitting area with free WIFI.  So, I went back to the room and gathered my electronics.  Went back to the market.  I started and finished the blog about yesterday. I was there for like 2 hours.  Working a blog is starting to feel like a job. 

After I left the market and walked back.  Jeanette had called a bike shop to ask about bike repairs. The owner said he would come to us. Awesome

Ben did very well being surrounded by women.  He share his knowledge. Was very good at explaining things. To top it off he wass tall and very handsome!




Ben didn't have the right tools or parts to fix Jeanette's  bike.  So Rita, Dave(Rita's husband) Lea, Jeanette and I dropped it off at Ben's shop.  Rita's from Minnesota, so Dave came to visit. He drove us around today.

First, we went to a bike shop whom sold stuff.  Ben's shop is just a repair shop.




I bought a bigger bike bag.  A couple CO2 inflators. A rear flashing light.

After we finished at the bike shop we took Jeanette to the cemetery where her grandmother is buried.  Jeanette lives in California. She hadn't been there since the funeral in 2008.

She meet a cousin, she didn't even know she had.  His mother was best friend's with her grandma.  Moris is her last name and her great grandpa funded to build the church and donated land for the cemetery.  Not sure I have the story correct.  But her family was very involved in this cemetery.  There are alot of Moris's in this cemetery

 The Church was pretty.  This is not the original, that one burnt down.


After Jeanette had her time with her Grandma, We all went to the The Bikery where Ben has his bike repair shop.

Its a bakery in the front and Ben's shop is in the back.



Jeanette and Rita talking to Ben while dropping her bike off

Rhonda who has been my roommate the last two days. Rode her bike to see Ben.  She was having a massage when he was at the hotel.
We went into Stillwater back down that hill we were all cussing yesterday. But it was in a vehicle which was great.


We went to the Life is Good store.

 After that we walked again a bit then we went and had lunch at the Dock Cafe.

 All of us but Jeanette who took the picture.  Dave, Lea, Rita and me
 The view from our table.  The water is high its up over the sidewalk.  You can see the hand rail. Thats also the bridge we all rode our bikes acrossed yesterday before that Damn Hill.



If you look closely, you'll see that its a down hill on the other side of the bridge.  You didnt have to pedal across the pedal.  You all most could coast across.
When walking back to the car I saw this on a beer truck. It was my nickname(HipHop) at LLCC.



After lunch everyone went for ice cream. After the ice cream we went back to get Jeanette's Bike.


Jeanette asked a few more questions. We said goodbye to Ben .  And off we went to the Hotel. We missed the Oprah show.  I was actually a little bummed we missed it. Oh Well.  Alot of the girls went to Applebee's. Jeanette and I ordered pizza from Dominos.  Talked and watched TV.  By 8pm everyone was in there rooms getting ready for tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure I'm probably the only one up right now.(11pm).

Here is a group photo of us in Fargo.

I always forget to post these

On our our bike rides to past time. a couple ladies are good at jingles, and sayings

Higher the gear, Quicker the beer


Carol is the best!!



Goodnight all.  Another big day tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment