Monday, May 23, 2011

Little Falls, MN to Milaca,MN

These pics are from yesterday. We crossed the river to go to our hotel.  Then today crossed it again to go back the way we came into town.
 Picture of me after yesterday's bike ride.  I stopped at a Casey's to use the restroom.  I had a puddle where I was standing taking this picture.  It rained no it poured for more than half the ride




Mile 57

Total ride time 4 hours and 30 minutes.  It was a bit longer because we stopped for a long lunch.  We all pretty much rode together. Taking it easy. Saving our energy for tomorrow (106).  It started out cloudy. We had a little tail wind.  About half way point the sun came out.  I was over joyed to see the sun.  The pass three days in the rain have been a real mental downer.


Woke this morning to everything still wet.  My shoes were dry.  Nashville and Sue taught me to put newspaper in my ride shoes.  The paper does it magic.



 The Mississippi runs through Little Falls, MN.  The Hydro station is an amazing object.

We rode through Charles Lindbergh State Park.  The road we rode on followed along the Mississipi for a good part of the day.

The Lindbergh Historical site was closed today but we stopped anyway.


Info Building
Karen, Jeanette and Cathy check out the info boards

The Roads we rode today were great.
A beautiful tree line
Sue always smiling!

Carol was our sag driver today. Everyone taking a butt break.

Rita hanging out with the very cute and nice dog that followed some of the riders like a mile to our lunch spot.

Lunch Time
Everyone talking and ordering lunch
Funny sign at the Grub & Pub
Lunch was a Mt Dew and a grill cheese with pickle. Yum
Sunny Skies the rest of day

Not sure what this aniaml is??

Just outside  of Milaca, MN I saw these lama's in this front yard just chillin. Yes they were real.


WooHoo made it to the next town.

Best part was stopping at the dairy Queen and eating a blizzard.

 Donna and Bettye eating there ice cream





Patty making dinner. She made a dutch oven with a grill and pots.  Amazing  

cobbler and ice cream for dinner.  Or I think that is what it was. It was good whatever it was.


 Jeanette worked on her bike for like two hours afterr we got in. She likes to sleep with her bike.
 The Sags doing dishes after dinner.

Tonight was crazy. Lin from Minnesota is my roommate.

I wasn;t even in the room five minutes with Lin and she had me cracked open and spilling my guts.  We were both crying.  It felt great.

I think this trip is where I'm finally going to grieve.  Its so easy to open up to strangers. You don't have to be strong for anyone.  I have only been with these ladies 4 days and I have talked more about Dad, Laura, Grandma and Grandpa then I have since any of them have passed. 

Crazy but I thinking riding my bike to Maine might have been the best decision I have made in a very long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment